I know its old news that I LOVE Glee. I also realise a lot of you that read my blogs are fellow Gleeks. But sometimes you just can’t get enough of a good thing. So for those of you that saw it and LOVED it – here it is again. For those of you that didn’t watch… get with the frickin program – starting with this. And for those of you who hate Glee, or watched and hated this…. You are off my radar. Please log off now.
Confession # 1:
When I was 10 years old, I saved up all my pocket money and purchased a cassette of Olivia Newton John’s greatest hits Vol 2. I was dancing a lot back then and competed in a competition every year in a town 8 hrs from Perth called Kalgoorlie.
We caught the train every year, but 1983 was the best train ride of all. I had my cassette walkman, head phones, and my new Olivia tape. I closed my eyes, shut out the surrounding passengers, and pretended I was Olivia – rock star extraordinaire.
Confession # 2:
In year 5 at school, I told all my friends I was the love child of Olivia Newton John and John Travolta. I explained it that I came to Australia with my “mum” when she was touring with Xanadu, and that they had decided to keep me here for a better life away from crime. The people I lived with were actually my aunt and uncle and cousins. I told them I go and visit all the time (I had never been on a plane in my life at this stage) and that LA is cool but really dangerous. I think some of my friends actually bought it for a while. Sad.
Anyway, back to my first ever music purchase…. This was the opening track on the tape
So after I revisited that clip late on Thursday evening, I had some observations.
- Who was the first one to make a film clip in a bed all in white? Brittany Spears in My Prerogative?
- Who was the first one to make a film clip with a small child? Madonna in Open Your Heart?
- Who was the first one to incorporate animation into film clips? Aha in Take On Me?
- Who was the first one to have doves in their film clip? Britney Spears in Circus? NO. Prince in Doves Cry?
- Who was the first one to sing in a cage in a film clip? Miley Cyrus in Can’t Be Tamed? Absolutely NOT. Shakira in She Wolf? NO. Lady Gaga in Telephone?
- Who was the first one to sport a killer mullet? Warwick Capper?
I don’t feel that she is getting enough credit. She was a pop music warrior, leading the way for others who would eventually skankify her original concepts. I mean we’re talking about a woman who starred in a movie with (and kissed) legend, Gene Kelly.
Anyway, Olivia really did it first.
And after Thursday night’s Glee episode guest starring Olivia, I’ve decided that if there was a way I could inject the the show reel into the back of my retinas so it played over and over all day, I totally would.
Oh, and before I forget, check out these pictures from Vogue of Glee’s Mathew Morris. Who knew Will was such a spunk?
Just another reason to watch!