Or should I be writing: Wasted vs Naked?
With another weekend of sport approaching – and in the wake of Brendan Fevola admitting he has a significant gambling addiction and is seeking professional help in a bid to ”knock it on the head”, I was reminded of the triumphs and tragedies that face our countries sporting heroes. Actaully I am reminded almost every weekend. I thought why not point out some loves and hates of everybody’s favourite game – whatever code you follow.
- Some people think the AFL ‘s television deal, which amounts to 780 million dollars over five years is justified in comparison to the NRL, based on the fact that AFL was watched by a total of 65,023,000 and the NRL by only 40,272,000.
- Some people think if the NRL want to keep up with the AFL they had better expand.
- Some people think it’s completely acceptable behaviour to consent to sex in a public toilet with a Broncos player.
- Some people think it’s completely acceptable to point your peen towards a window on the side of a building and release. Ahhhh.
- Some people think taking a photo of a hot girl in the shower and showing all your mates is normal.
- Some person is probably thinking… Give me back my loofah Lara!
- Some people think that footy players are paid to play football and not be role models.
- Some people think that most headlines on sport these days aren’t about the game at all. Instead they’re about players who CAN’T PLAY sport because they’d been too pissed and done something stupid enough to get them arrested or sacked or both.
- Some people think AFL players are way hotter, not only because you can see their neck, but also because their body is leaner.
- Some people think NRL players are way hotter, because even though they’re not too bright, they can lift heavy things, and they look good covering up their magic wand with their hand.
- Some people think that footy players should just stay home at the weekend.
- Some people think that if their family has supported a team for generations – and the players don’t have the decency to respect their fans or their clubs by behaving better, then why should they respect the clubs? …. If the players don’t?
- Some people are over the moon that both the AFL and NRL have started clubs in opposing territory, in the attempt to branch out each code and attract new fans in a wider geographical location.
- Some people think AFL is GAY FL.
- Some people think NRL is NR SMELL.
- Some people think that a footy player who sleeps with her every time he comes to her town to play, will eventually leave his wife and 2 children for her… and gets upset when she sees him mention his wonderful family life in the papers.
- Some people think that the Gold Coast Titans will be one of the biggest NRL teams in Australia because of the population growth in the area.
- Some people think that the Labour party’s $60 million contribution to the Gold Coast stadium for the AFL, which will be completed in 2012 and hold about 25,000 is totally fair because AFL gets bigger crowds.
- Some people think that when Nate Myles, naked and disoriented, defecated in a hotel corridor after frightening a family when he tried to get into their room… was an all time low point, and a dark day for NRL.
- Some people think when Ben Cousins got arrested with no shirt on exposing his Such Is Life tattoo, that it was an all time low point, and a dark day for the AFL.
- Some people think Ben Cousins with no shirt on exposing his Such Is Life tattoo, is one of the hottest things they’ve ever seen.
- Some people think Ben Cousins is equally hot with his clothes on… and to those people i say.. CLICK HERE Phwoooaar!
- Some people think AFL is a better game because it’s faster and players score more. (I’m talking on the field)
- Some people think NRL is a better game because it’s tougher and the tackles are more controlled.
- Some people think Union is better because it’s still rugby, but without the 6-time tackle turn around.
- Some people were just glad to see the little sand pit gone forever.
- Some people think NRL players sometimes wish they were AFL players because they keep kicking the damn the ball.
- Some people think it’s strange how in NRL actually scoring is only a –TRY!
- Some people think AFL is stupid because if the player misses the score, they go: “Close, but not quite… we’ll give you a POINT for trying.”
- Some people think it’s brilliant that the Melbourne Storm keep ‘beating them at their own game’
- Some people think it was brilliant when the Sydney Swans won the grand final and ‘beat the Eagles at their own game’
- Some people remember that day, and think there may have been a SARS outbreak in NSW… Suddenly. Aussie. Rules. Supporter. (Gee, guess who I support?)
I think the whole ‘battle of the codes’ is a waste of time when you could all be watching the REAL football, and REAL men for that matter. Hello Beckham! Hello Cristiano Rinaldo! Hello Harry!
What do YOU think?